General Privacy Notice
ICAT uses students’ personal information (such as name, address, attendance records and results) for general student administration as well as for planning, communication, research, evaluation and marketing activities undertaken by ICAT. Only authorised departmental officers have access to this information. Your personal information may be disclosed to Commonwealth and Government Agencies. It is your obligation to notify ICAT of a change of address and contact details while enrolled in the course.
ESOS Act and the National Code 2007 (international students)
Information is collected on forms including web-forms and during your enrolment in order to meet our obligations under the ESOS Act and the National Code 2007; to ensure student is compliant with the conditions of their visas and their obligations under Australian immigration laws generally. The authority to collect this information is contained in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2017. Information collected about you during your enrolment can be provided, in certain circumstances, to the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Australian Skills Quality Authority, Overseas Student Tuition Fund Manager in Tuition Protection Service department. In other instances, information collected during your enrolment can be disclosed without your consent where authorized or required by law.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, ICAT is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by ICAT for statistical, regulatory and research purposes.
ICAT may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you a secondary student undertaking VET(Vocational Education and Training), Including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).